COVID-19 SUPPORT PROGRAM
CarivaCare is here to support our clients as they maneuver through this confusing and difficult time.
We have enhanced our workers’ compensation nurse triage program to include a response team directed to address employer and employee concerns related to any exposures or symptoms employees may be experiencing. CarivaCare nurses follow specific protocols and guidelines related to this Pandemic. We will help put your mind and your employees’ mind at ease on the next steps after a potential COVID-19 exposure and/or testing results.
- If known or suspected exposure at work, or employee exhibits symptoms indicative of the COVID-19 virus, employees call the COVID-19 Support Line
- A workers’ compensation triage nurse will take a full report, including identifying the potential source, and offer guidance/ support for next steps which may include recommendation to contact PCP for possible testing.
- Employees are advised to call back for further information should testing be completed and re- sults are positive.
- Information relayed to applicable parties, including claims.
- Upon receipt of initial CareReport, employer can make an informed decision in regards to self-isolation and timeframe directives.
- Although the call and any testing does not result in a Workers’ Compensation claim being file, submission of the CareReport to the carrier or TPA can provide them with crucial information in the event an employee does test positive for COVID-19 and states the illness may have been contracted through work.